Professional Development Fund
The PNC/MLA Professional Development Fund is designed to encourage participation in PNC sponsored professional programs and courses by PNC members. The PNC Board recognizes that meetings and courses are often too far away for many members to attend. The aim of the fund is to improve access for members and to equalize opportunities for attendance at programs and courses which improve member's professional development.
Professional Development Fund Awardees
All applicants must meet the eligibility criteria. The applications will be reviewed by designated members of the Executive Board, and all applicants will be notified of the Board's decisions. The preferred deadline for submitting an application for the 2013 PNC/MLA meeting will be August 2, 2013, to take advantage of early discounts in registration and lodging. NOTE: Funds are reimbursed/disbursed to recipients after attendance at the selected meeting/program/course.
- Applicant must be a current PNC member.
- Applicant must not have received PNC Professional Development Funds during the past two (2) calendar years.
- The written application [pdf] must be received by the designated deadline.
Factors to be considered in awarding of grants:
- Distance to be traveled to event (generally greater than 50 miles).
- Applicant is a new professional or recently returning to profession.
- Applicant's current PNC committee activities or other PNC involvement.
- Availability/non-availability of other programs in the immediate area.
- How attendance will benefit the requestor's library/patrons/community.
- Availability of institutional funding for past 2 years.
The PNC Executive Board has allocated $5000.00 to support members attending the 2013 annual meeting. Award amounts will be determined by the Board based on number of applicants and the amount of funds requested by each applicant. Applicants are encouraged to attend the entire Annual Meeting. Partial scholarships may be awarded for CE attendance only.
The deadline for application for the 2013 PNC/MLA meeting is August 2, 2013. Applications received after that date will be considered only if scholarship funds have not been awarded in full.
Mail, email, or fax the application and written paragraph to the meeting Treasurer:
PNC Conference 2013
6222 Green Tree Circle
Anchorage, AK 99507
FAX: (907) 562-2122